Are you thinking about your next steps? We are Emakina. At Emakina we don’t work for our clients – We work for theirs. By creating meaningful user experiences; Rooted in Creativity – Rooted in Technology – Rooted in Empathy.
As a Visual Designer
You have developed the ability to create high level concepts and design the nitty gritty details. You think fast and adapt even quicker; You are familiar with the best practices and think beyond.
Emakina strives to deliver world class experiences in b2c and b2b e-commerce platforms. Think: global fashion brands, global retailers, SAAS companies, startups and everything in between.
We are expanding and we have room for a couple of ‘the lucky ones.’ What do you bring to the table? Besides being a promising or highly skilled designer, you are a star team player; someone who is also used to operate individually and does not back away from taking on responsibility. If the need arises you are pragmatic and willing to support and collaborate. We value your social skills and they are as important as your designs. You will enter a vast group of young, talented designers that enjoy sharing knowledge and enjoy their get-togethers.
Read on if you want to
- Work on ‘the shopping experiences of the future’
- Work for known global e-commerce brands in fashion, retail, SaaS and more
- Enhance brands in the digital environment
- Translate users’ needs and business requirements into great visual user experiences
- Get the opportunity to participate in pitches, workshops, design and lightning sprints
- Visit amazing design conferences yearly and talk about them with your colleagues
What you will do
You will translate brand, business requirements and user insights into aesthetically pleasing experiences that convert user engagement into user transaction. Doing so, you consider, explore, execute and present the possibilities on interaction and visual design.
You are vocal about your modus operandi and not afraid to give and receive feedback. With your skill-set you can design and iterate quickly on both interaction and visual design; You deliver best-in-class experiences to our clients and their users. We invite you to contribute your knowledge to the design team in your way of working, design methodology and exploration.
Some of your favourite things
- Dribbble shots, design cases, branding, commercials & UX
- Working on cool, new & fun designs
- Converting eBusiness solutions for amazing brands that will look great on your portfolio
- Working together with other designers to come up with the best solutions for our clients and their users’ needs
- Working in Sketch, Principal & whatever the Adobe CC library has to offer
- Enjoying drinks and outings with the team!
You in a nutshell
- A great portfolio of web, mobile and/or digital product design
- Ambition to learn and grow within a team
- Knowledge on design-theory, methodologies and best practices
- Pragmatic mind and the willingness to help
- Able to explain your design rationale internally and to your stakeholders
- Excellent communication in English
More reasons to choose a job at Emakina
We offer a friendly, informal workplace to work with some of the biggest brands and digital retailers in Europe, a competitive salary and 25 vacation days a year (if you promise to come back). But equally important: we have great teams, focused on more than just their day-to-day job. For example our dedicated Commits team organises days to donate time to great causes (such as Staatsbosbeheer!). Our HR team organises many training sessions to help us develop a growth mindset and learn how to give constructive feedback, because people at Emakina truly care about each other. We also like to have fun and spend time together, whether it’s on our ski trip, company boat and parties, or by organising nerd-summits to share knowledge.
Designing for Web Accessibility
Sound interesting? Do you live in the Netherlands? Click below and apply today!
Not sure yet or have any questions? Please reach out to Nouha via email@example.com, she will be more than happy to guide you with the attention you deserve.
A special note to recruitment agencies: we love the work our in-house recruiters are doing, so no need to offer your services. Thanks!APPLY FOR THIS POSITION