Maggie Schwaab Copy & Content Intern
Are you looking for an internship that covers publishing, innovation and visual design? Get on board! Emakina is looking for a Visual Design Intern.
As a starting Visual Designer, you’re at the top of your class. You have learned the basics and now you’re ready to make the plunge into the next wave of digital design. Emakina.NL is looking for two Design talents to dive into the deep end working on real projects for large international brands.
About the internships
The Emakina internship is designed for students with an interest in digital and/or service design; specifically in Visual design.
Emakina’s project team approach allows interns to obtain hands-on experience led by our Creative Leads on the project, with the help of a coaching buddy to guide personal growth.
Our Visual Design and UX Design interns will support the creative team by being involved in projects in tangible ways.
Some of your tasks will be
- Creating visual designs – transform design problem into beautiful, accessible and functional designs;
- Deliver design guidelines – creating layouts, defining the best grid, creating a good visual hierarchy and meaningful design languages;
- Keeping everything on-brand – create a consistent look;
- Sell your ideas – present ideas and designs in a cross-functional product development team;
- And of course: providing creative input to in-progress projects;
- Help the team with design tasks;
- Help with presentation design;
Support other designers in work with clients;
- Take part in meeting and sprints;
- Create posters and other assets for internal purposes.
This is you in a nutshell
- You’re in your 3rd or 4th year looking for an internship with a minimum duration of 4 months;
- Not to brag, but you have a stellar portfolio to share;
- You know your ways around tools like Sketch and Adobe software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop);
- Some experience with video-editing and front-end is a plus.
What we have to offer
- Great working space in the “Amsterdamse Houthavens”;
- Working for awesome brands like Heineken, Intersport & FrieslandCampina;
- The opportunity to do what you’re good at and want to get better at;
- An attractive internship fee of € 400;
- Nice get-togethers and team outings;
- The best coffee, free use of our gym, healthy lunches and snacks.
When applying, please attach your CV and portfolio or website. We are interested to hear the top areas you’re most interested in exploring at Emakina and why. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Not sure yet? Chat with Lara Vreeke on +31 (0)20 463 77 66. Only STUDENTS may apply, as we cannot accommodate non-students with internships.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION