Are you thinking about your next steps? We are Emakina. At Emakina we don’t work for our clients – We work for theirs. By creating meaningful user experiences; Rooted in Creativity – Rooted in Technology – Rooted in Empathy.
We are expanding and we have room for a couple of ‘the lucky ones.’ What do you bring to the table? Besides being a highly skilled designer, you are a star teamplayer.
You are pragmatic and willing to support when necessary. You operate independently and don’t back down from taking responsibilities. We value your social skills and they are as important as your designs. You will enter a vast group of young, talented designers that enjoy sharing knowledge and enjoy their get-togethers.
Emakina strives to deliver world class experiences in B2C and B2B e-commerce platforms. Think: global fashion brands, global retailers, SAAS companies, startups and everything in between.
Read on if you want
- To work with a team of like-minded designers, both UX and Visual Design.
- Work for known global brands in fashion, retail, SaaS and more.
- Translate users’ needs and business requirements into great visual user experiences.
- Get the opportunity to participate in pitches, workshops, design and lightning sprints and organize something yourself
- Visit amazing design conferences yearly and talk about them with your colleagues
- Inspire the client with innovative ways of approaching complex challenges.
- Transform data into actionable insights that highlight design opportunities.
What you will do as a UI Designer
You will translate brand, business requirements and user insights into aesthetically pleasing experiences that convert user engagement into user transaction. In doing so, you consider, explore, execute and present the possibilities of interaction, visual and motion design. With your ability to design from high level concepts to nitty gritty detail, you think fast and adapt even quicker; You know the best practices out there and beyond.
You are vocal about your modus operandi and not afraid to give and receive feedback. With your skill-set you can design and iterate quickly on both interaction and visual design; You deliver best-in-class experiences to our clients and their users. We invite you to contribute your knowledge to the design team in your way of working, design methodology and exploration.
Designing for Web Accessibility
Some of your favourite things
- Browsing and sharing everything design: dribble shots, design cases, branding, commercials, UX
- Work on cool, new & fun designs
- Working together with other designers to come up with the best solutions for our clients and their users needs
- Working in Sketch, Figma and whatever the Adobe CC library has to offer
- Enjoy drinks and outings with the team!
You in a nutshell
- A great portfolio of web, mobile and/or digital product design
- Skilled in using the latest design and prototyping tools.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role
- Ambition to learn and grow within a team
- Knowledge on design-theory, methodologies and best practices
- Pragmatic mind and the willingness to help
- Be able to explain your design rationale internally and to your external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in English
More reasons to choose a job at Emakina
We offer a friendly, informal workplace to work with some of the biggest brands and digital retailers in Europe, a competitive salary and 25 vacation days a year (if you promise to come back). But equally important: we have great teams, focused on more than just their day-to-day job. For example our dedicated Commits team organises days to donate time to great causes (such as Staatsbosbeheer!). Our HR team organises many training sessions to help us develop a growth mindset and learn how to give constructive feedback, because people at Emakina truly care about each other. We also like to have fun and spend time together, whether it’s on our ski trip, company boat and parties, or by organising nerd-summits to share knowledge. And very important: we serve the best coffee!
If you are curious about your future workplace, we recommend you read our company page and check out our blog articles. And check this video, where Julien, one of our Senior UX designers talks about UX Design at Emakina! Or watch this one, where Marcela talks about Content driven design and while you’re at it, take a look at our socials too: Linkedin & Instagram
Sound interesting? Do you live in the Netherlands? Click below and apply today!
Not sure yet or have any questions? Please reach out to Lara via firstname.lastname@example.org, she will be more than happy to guide you with the attention you deserve.
A special note to recruitment agencies: we love the work our in-house recruiters are doing, so no need to offer your services. Thanks!APPLY FOR THIS POSITION