Are you thinking about your next steps? We are Emakina. At Emakina we don’t work for our clients – We work for theirs. By creating meaningful user experiences; Rooted in Creativity – Rooted in Technology – Rooted in Empathy.
What you will do as a Senior Visual / UI Designer
We’re seeking a Senior Visual / UI Designer who is an expert in crafting thoughtful, beautiful digital experiences. A team player that bridges creativity and systematic thinking. Within our UI Team, you’ll play a key role in translating strategies, concepts, and business needs into visual, value-driven solutions — think interaction, visual, and motion design. You’ll collaborate with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team of Art Directors, Developers, UX Designers, Data Analysts, Service Designers, and more.
In this role, you take ownership of what you do and drive the design dialogue with clients, striking the right balance of innovation, impact and speed. With your ability to design from high level concepts to nitty-gritty, pixel-perfect detail, you think fast and adapt even quicker. You don’t shy away from voicing your honest opinion, while also practicing empathy for team members and clients alike. You’re a team player at heart but are also A-OK flying solo from time to time.
Some of your favourite things to do are
- Geeking out over your favourite design studios, illustrators, or artists of any sort! We expect you to share your creative treasures with the team.
- Jumping into the deep end and getting things done.
- Enjoying drinks and outings with the team — boat rides, design exhibits, arcades, escape rooms, and more!
This is you in a nutshell
- Pragmatic and willing to help, grow and build.
- You don’t let your ego in the way. You’re a team player but ride solo just as well.
- You can show us a portfolio that consists out of web, mobile and/or digital product design.
- Skilled in Figma, Principle and other tools that help you get the job done
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Ambition to learn and grow within a team
- Knowledge on design-theory, methodologies and best practices. You love to discuss, share and help us refine our modus operandi.
- Able to sell your design rationale to stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in English
Designing for Web Accessibility:
More reasons to choose a job at Emakina
We offer a friendly, informal workplace to work with some of the biggest brands and digital retailers in Europe, a competitive salary and 25 vacation days a year (if you promise to come back). We have also adopted a hybrid way of working, meaning that teams are meeting in the office at least once a week to make sure they stay connected. Because flexibility is very important to us Emakinians, we also offer you the possibility to work remotely for example from the beach, your parents’ house or on a secluded mountain (as long as you have a good internet connection).
And equally important: at Emakina, we focus on more than just the day-to-day job. For example our dedicated Commits team organises days to donate time to great causes (such as Staatsbosbeheer!). Our People team organises many training sessions to help us develop a growth mindset and learn how to give constructive feedback, because people at Emakina truly care about each other. We also like to have fun and spend time together, whether it’s on our ski trip, company boat and parties, or by organising nerd-summits to share knowledge.
If you are curious about your future workplace, we recommend you read our company page and check out our articles. And check this video, where Julien, our Head of UX talks about UX Design at Emakina! Or check out this video where Jaap, our Head of Experience talks about Co-Creation. Finally, while you’re at it, take a look at our socials too: Linkedin & Instagram
Sound interesting? Do you live in the Netherlands? Click below and apply today!
Please make sure to send us your portfolio on top of your CV so we can properly review your application.
Not sure yet or have any questions? Please reach out to Alice via firstname.lastname@example.org, she will be more than happy to guide you with the attention you deserve.
A special note to recruitment agencies: we love the work our in-house recruiters are doing, so no need to offer your services. ThanksAPPLY FOR THIS POSITION