As a Senior UX Designer, you lead client workshops, map customer experiences and design new digital solutions for today’s biggest challenges. You’re the smart glue between design, business and technology.
As a User Experience Designer, you are crazy about creating the best digital experiences. You have a deep intrinsic motivation to understand the customer needs and you can translate this into actionable solutions without sacrificing the business needs. As a UX designer you add value during all phases of our projects, from quick and dirty prototypes to the delivery of large-scale multinational platform solutions. You work in close collaboration with international clients and experienced colleagues from different fields, like Researchers, Strategists, Service Designers, UI Designers, and Engineers.
What you will do
- Work for known global brands
- Take the lead in pitches and projects during all phases of the process, from discovery to delivery
- Facilitate workshops, design sprints and co-creation sessions with internal and external stakeholders
- Analyse customer needs and business goals, and define actionable opportunities
- Design solutions using experience maps, wireframes and prototypes
- Make design decisions that will result in high quality digital experiences that exceed expectations
- Test assumptions with experiments
- Collaborate with other top talents and connecting with clients in a dynamic, international environment
- Mentor and inspire colleagues
What we are looking for
At Emakina you only work with colleagues who go that extra mile for the customer. Your colleagues can think outside of the box, but always keep an eye out for long-term goals. We deliver work that we are immensely proud of and we celebrate those successes. We would love to hear from you if you believe you would be a great fit for our driven team and if you recognize yourself in the following qualities:
- You have at least 5+ years of working experience in similar environments
- You have a deep knowledge of user-centred design processes and agile delivery
- You have solid experience in leading workshops and design sprints
- You know how to expose customer needs and business goals and can connect them in amazing digital solutions
- You have experience in web and app
- You are familiar with tools like Miro & Figma
- You have excellent communication skills, and you are confident in presenting design solutions in client meetings
- You support and inspire your peers and can mentor junior designers
- You are data driven, curious and proactive, and you never stop learning
- Bonus: You have experience with e-commerce (and we don’t mean ordering new sneakers of your favourite brand)
Check out some of the super cool brands we worked with in 2019
What we offer
We offer a friendly, informal workplace to work with some of the biggest brands and digital retailers in Europe, a competitive salary and 25 vacation days a year (if you promise to come back). We have also adopted a hybrid way of working, meaning that teams are meeting in the office at least once a week to make sure they stay connected. Because flexibility is very important to us Emakinians, we also offer you the possibility for a few weeks to work remotely for example from the beach, your parents’ house or on a secluded mountain (as long as you have a good internet connection).
And equally important: at Emakina, we focus on more than just the day-to-day job. For example our dedicated Commits team organises days to donate time to great causes (such as Staatsbosbeheer!). Our People team organises many training sessions to help us develop a growth mindset and learn how to give constructive feedback, because people at Emakina truly care about each other. We also like to have fun and spend time together, whether it’s on our ski trip, company boat and parties, or by organising nerd-summits to share knowledge.
If you are curious about your future workplace, we recommend you read our company page and check out our articles. And check this video, where Julien, our Head of UX talks about UX Design at Emakina! Or check out this video where Jaap, our Head of Experience talks about Co-Creation. Finally, while you’re at it, take a look at our socials too: Linkedin & Instagram
New: Emakina Den Bosch welcomes new talents
There is a lot of talent in the south of the Netherlands, so we opened an extra office in the Burgundian capital of Brabant just for you. Same company, other city. Feel welcome to have a talk with a cup of coffee and a Bossche bol!
Sounds interesting? Click below to apply!
Not sure yet? Chat with Alice through email@example.com
*Please make sure to send us your portfolio on top of your CV so we can properly review your application.