As a Senior UX Designer, you lead client workshops, map customer journeys and invent new digital solutions for today’s biggest challenges. You’re the smart glue between design and technology.
What you’ll do as a Senior UX Designer at Emakina
As a User Experience Designer you are crazy about user research, UX and Service design. You have a deep understanding of the user’s needs and can translate this into actionable solutions without sacrificing the business needs. As a UX designer you add value during all phases of our projects. Working closely together with designers, strategists, researchers and engineers to create the best omni-channel solutions for our international clients. Using the latest tools and technologies, you think outside of the box, bringing answers to some of the world’s biggest challenges. From quick and dirty prototypes to large-scale multinational platform solutions with a direct impact on businesses and end users.
Some of your favourite things are
- User centered design processes
- Leading workshops, pitches, design sprints and co-creation sessions with internal and external stakeholders
- Taking the lead and coaching juniors during the discovery and delivery phase of the design process
- Working in a dynamic environment, collaborating with other top talents, connecting with clients and making strategic moves which will result in quality solutions that exceed expectations
- Technology and its impact on design solutions – you never stop growing and learning
Check out some of the super cool brands we worked with in 2019
This is you in a nutshell
- You have at least 5+ years work experience in similar environments
- You know how to expose the deeper objectives of clients, connecting the business needs and the user centricity into amazing solutions
- You are data driven, curious and proactive
- You have experience in app and web
- You speak the language of developers
- You’re confident and experienced in presenting design solutions in client meetings
What we are looking for…
At Emakina you only work with colleagues who go that extra mile for the customer. Your colleagues can think outside of the box, but always keep an eye out for long-term goals. We deliver work that we are very proud of. And we celebrate those successes. We would love to hear from you if you believe you would be a great fit for our driven team and if you recognize yourself in the following qualities:
- A solid knowledge at converting a conceptual vision into a logical and convincing strategy;
- Solid experience leading workshops & discovery sprints;
- A great know-how on keeping the balance between business interests, innovation and good design;
- Excellent communication skills, feeling comfortable giving workshops and inspiring clients & colleagues;
- Familiarity with tools such as Miro & Figma;
- Deep knowledge of service design and user-centered design processes;
- Broad understanding of the impact of technology on design and eager to learn more about it.
What we offer
We offer a friendly, informal workplace, to work with some of the biggest brands and digital retailers in Europe, a competitive salary and 25 vacation days a year (if you promise to come back). But equally important: we have great teams, focused on more than just their day-to-day job. For example our dedicated Commits team organises days to donate time to great causes (such as Staatsbosbeheer!). Our HR team organises many training sessions to help us develop a and learn how to give constructive feedback, because people at Emakina truly care about each other. We also like to have fun and spend time together, whether it’s on our ski trip, company boat and parties, or by organising nerd-summits to share knowledge. And very important: we serve the best coffee!
If you are curious about your future workplace, we recommend you read our company page and check out our articles. And check this video, where Julien, one of our Senior UX designers talks about UX Design at Emakina! Or watch this one where Ralitsa, our UX researcher, talks about the importance of UX research. Not done yet? Check out this video where Jaap, our head of UX talks about Co-Creation. Finally, while you’re at it, take a look at our socials too: Linkedin & Instagram
Sounds interesting? Click below to apply!
Please make sure to send us your portfolio on top of your CV so we can properly review your application.
Not sure yet? Chat with Alice through firstname.lastname@example.org
Please not that we’re looking for someone to start at a later stage.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION