Do you live, sleep and breathe Visual Design, do you think in pixels and are you looking for an internship at an innovative Digital Agency that isn’t afraid to party? Get on board! Emakina.NL is looking for a:
Visual Design Intern
As a starting Visual Designer, you’re at the top of your class. You have learned the basics and now you’re ready to make the plunge into the next wave of digital design. Emakina.NL is looking for Design talents to dive into the deep end working on real projects for large international brands.
About the internship
The Emakina internship is designed for students with an interest in digital and/or service design; specifically in Visual design. Emakina’s project team approach allows interns to obtain hands-on experience led by our Creative Leads on the project, with the help of a coaching buddy to guide personal growth. Our Visual Design and UX Design interns will support the creative team by being involved in projects in tangible ways.
Some of your tasks will be
- Creating visual designs – transform design problem into beautiful, accessible and functional user-centered products;
- Creating design guidelines – designing layouts, defining the best grid, creating a good visual hierarchy and meaningful design languages;
- Keeping everything on-brand – create a consistent look;
- Learn to pitch your ideas and designs to a cross-functional product development team.
- And ofcourse: providing creative input to in-progress projects;
- Help the team with design tasks;
- Help with visualizing important pitches;
- Support other designers in work with clients;
- Taking part in sprints for clients.
This is you in a nutshell
- You’re in your 3rd year looking for an internship (32 – 40 hours) with a minimum duration of 4 months starting in January/ February 2020;
- Not to brag, but you have a stellar portfolio to share;
- You know your way around tools like Sketch and Adobe software (XD, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop);
- Some experience with video-editing and front-end is a plus;
- Your main objective for this internship is to learn and work in a design team (unfortunately we don’t have a spot for a research-internship);
- You know how to serve a cocktail or two.
What we have to offer
- Great working space in the “Amsterdamse Houthavens”;
- Working for awesome brands like Heineken, Intersport & FrieslandCampina;
- The opportunity to do what you’re good at and want to get better at;
- An attractive internship fee of € 400;
- Nice get-togethers and team outings, such as our quarterly parties and annual Beach Party;
- The best coffee, free use of our gym, healthy lunches and snacks.
When applying, please attach your CV and portfolio or website. We are interested to hear the top areas you’re most interested in exploring at Emakina and why. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Not sure yet? Chat with Lara Vreeke on +31 (0)20 463 77 66. Only STUDENTS may apply, as we cannot accommodate non-students with internships.APPLY FOR THIS POSITION