Esther Dobbe HR Officer
Are you looking to combine strategic thinking and human-centred design thinking processes to challenge existing business models, and to craft and build new ventures? Look no further!
Read on if you want to
- Work in a digital environment, with 200+ experts in different fields;
- Be part of a new discipline within Emakina;
- Work with the coolest clients and teams.
What you’ll do as a Business Designer at Emakina
As an emerging practice at Emakina, you will be part of a founding group of Business Designers. Together you have a range of responsibilities: from undertaking discovery projects to research and concept new ventures, to running workshops on management topics like governance and team structure. In addition you develop business models and investment cases for new ventures, working with client leaders to translate their business goals into an innovation vision and portfolio strategy.
Part of this role is the design and facilitation of workshops for our clients and stakeholders to problem solve, explore solutions and achieve buy-in and support for the agreed outcome. With your communication skills, you can break down complex concepts to clearly link the benefits of the concept to market opportunities and user needs. Your entrepreneurial mindset and passion for learning and testing new methods and approaches from fields such as lean startup, business model innovation, systems thinking and service design, help you make these workshops even better.
What you are passionate about:
- Thinking strategically and solving problems;
- Innovation and new business models;
- Designing ventures that span time horizons and are resilient;
- Working closely with client stakeholders and inspiring them with new ideas.
This is you in a nutshell, you:
- Have experience in defining and delivering new business models and strategies to achieve value;
- Have operated in a programme / project environment with multiple stakeholders before, including operating in cross-organisation teams, ideally working with agile methodologies;
- Are motivated and enthusiastic with a personal drive for high quality work, continuous improvement and the application of lessons learnt;
- Have experience with lean startup, business model innovation, design thinking, systems thinking, service design and other design practices
- Have strong commercial and business acumen, experience with financial modelling and business case development
- Worked as an entrepreneur or product owner – especially in piloting / delivering products and services to market;
Are you interested in this team, but feel like you are more of a Client Partner, check out this vacancy instead!
Check out some of the super cool brands we worked with in 2019
More reasons to choose a job at Emakina
We offer a friendly, informal workplace, to work with some of the biggest brands and digital retailers in Europe, a competitive salary and 25 vacation days a year (if you promise to come back). But equally important: we have great teams, focused on more than just their day-to-day job. For example our dedicated Commits team organises days to donate time to great causes (such as Staatsbosbeheer!). Our HR team organises many training sessions to help us develop a and learn how to give constructive feedback, because people at Emakina truly care about each other. We also like to have fun and spend time together, whether it’s on our ski trip, company boat and parties, or by organising nerd-summits to share knowledge. And very important: we serve the best coffee!
If you are curious about your future workplace, we recommend you read our company page and check out our articles. And check this video, where Julien, one of our Senior UX designers talks about UX Design at Emakina! Or watch this one where Ralitsa, our UX researcher, talks about the importance of UX research. Not done yet? Check out this video where Jaap, our head of UX talks about Co-Creation. Finally, while you’re at it, take a look at our socials too: Linkedin & Instagram
Sounds interesting? Click below to apply with your resume & portfolio. Not sure yet? Chat with Lara through firstname.lastname@example.org
And a special note to recruitment agencies: we love the work our in-house recruiters are doing, so no need to offer your services. Thanks!APPLY FOR THIS POSITION